What this Vancouver wedding & boudoir photographer is all about...
...thanks for the visit.
I'm Pamela, and if you want to find me, there's a good chance that you'll find me near the water.
I came to Vancouver, BC over 15 years ago looking for adventure in a beautiful place; I made some new friends, found a nice home close to the water, and set down my roots. I miss my family, but you just can't beat this beautiful province! My studio is located in downtown Vancouver, also a few hundred metres from the ocean, and it's no surprise that I live by the following quote: "The cure for anything is saltwater; sweat, tears, or the sea."
I'm known for my sense of style, insights, and ridiculous onesie collection. People often refer to me as creative, thoughtful, and direct. I love serving the world by admiring and inspiring others - I see you, I see the best in you, and I want you to see that in yourself, as well.
I am so crazy passionate about music, fashion, image-making, the human condition, my plants, tropical fruits - it never really ends; I am interested in many things and am fascinated by how interconnected it all is. I started shooting when I was 16 years-old on a Pentax K-1000 (holla! all you film photogs out there you know what I'm talking about!) and within two years I had built my own darkroom to develop and print in B&W. Fast-forward 16 years, and I am a lifestyle and portrait photographer; shooting mainly boudoir, weddings, and personal projects - though I'm just generally obsessed with image-making. Through photography, my hope is to create an experience for others in which they see themselves at their best, most whole, and most expressive selves.
I photograph boudoir, weddings, and lifestyle in and around Vancouver, BC, for people who want to grow themselves, invest in themselves, and of course, who have a great sense of style.
When I'm not busy working you can find me digging through racks at small-town thrift stores, listening to my favourite NPR podcasts, obsessing over design and fashion trends, and enjoying a few (or maybe more...) beers. I am fortunate to have an amazing network of family and friends in my life, including of course my partner Alex who, as cliché as it is, challenges me to be and act my best - he is the best man I know.
If you're dying to hear more, here are five ridiculous facts about me:
1. My parents owned restaurants my whole life, and I basically grew up alongside them in a restaurant.
2. I love the hard sciences. I feel like I have a personal relationship with numbers.
3. Madonna and Miuccia Prada are my idols - both trailblazers that have changed the world.
4. I can name pretty much any variety of apple. Braeburn? Honeycrisp? Pink lady? Ambrosia? BC Gala vs. Washington Gala? Try me.
5. I am a wicked baker. I got really, really good by failing about 500 times. After all those failures, I can pretty much bake anything with ease. But...I am a terrible cook; Alex does all the cooking!