What this Vancouver wedding & boudoir photographer is all about...
...thanks for the visit.
I'm Pamela, and if you want to find me, there's a good chance that you'll find me near the water.
I came to Vancouver, BC over 15 years ago looking for adventure in a beautiful place; I made some new friends, found a nice home close to the water, and set down my roots. I miss my family, but you just can't beat this beautiful province! My studio is located in downtown Vancouver, also a few hundred metres from the ocean, and it's no surprise that I live by the following quote: "The cure for anything is saltwater; sweat, tears, or the sea."
I'm known for my sense of style, insights, and ridiculous onesie collection. People often refer to me as creative, thoughtful, and direct. I love serving the world by admiring and inspiring others - I see you, I see the best in you, and I want you to see that in yourself, as well.
I am so crazy passionate about music, fashion, image-making, the human condition, my plants, tropical fruits - it never really ends; I am interested in many things and am fascinated by how interconnected it all is. I started shooting when I was 16 years-old on a Pentax K-1000 (holla! all you film photogs out there you know what I'm talking about!) and within two years I had built my own darkroom to develop and print in B&W. Fast-forward 16 years, and I am a lifestyle and portrait photographer; shooting mainly boudoir, weddings, and personal projects - though I'm just generally obsessed with image-making. Through photography, my hope is to create an experience for others in which they see themselves at their best, most whole, and most expressive selves.
I photograph boudoir, weddings, and lifestyle in and around Vancouver, BC, for people who want to grow themselves, invest in themselves, and of course, who have a great sense of style.
When I'm not busy working you can find me digging through racks at small-town thrift stores, listening to my favourite NPR podcasts, obsessing over design and fashion trends, and enjoying a few (or maybe more...) craft beers. I am fortunate to have an amazing network of family and friends in my life.
If you're dying to hear more, here are five ridiculous facts about me:
1. My parents owned restaurants my whole life, and I basically grew up alongside them in a restaurant.
2. I love the hard sciences. I feel like I have a personal relationship with numbers.
3. Madonna and Miuccia Prada are my idols - both trailblazers that have changed the world.
4. I can name pretty much any variety of apple. Braeburn? Honeycrisp? Pink lady? Ambrosia? BC Gala vs. Washington Gala? Try me.
5. I am a wicked baker. I got really, really good by failing about 500 times. After all those failures, I can pretty much bake anything with ease. But...I am a terrible cook; Alex does all the cooking!